Go and Grab/Buy these ingredients now! Lemons, Raw Honey, Apple Cider Vinegar and some GOOD hot water! Put some of that GOOD hot water in your mug, squeeze the juice of one lemon, mix in 1 tablespoon of RAW honey and 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. And that is seriously THE Monster of a Morning Drink. But you probably want to know WHY?! Well, have a read below of this Medicine in a Mug!
1. A great source of Vitamin C! Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is what our bodies need to keep the immune system in check. When vitamin C levels are low, little to no repair happens in the body. These lovely luxuries are also high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function. Potassium helps reduce free radicals, increases red blood cell production and controls blood pressure. What does all this mean to us? More energy, clearer skin, anti-aging properties, less sickness, less stress, and more focus! Ummm… hello? Amazing!
2. It balances pH levels. Our pH level is all about the balance between the alkaline and acidic levels in the body. When our body enters a more acidic state, it breeds sickness and disease. While there are many factors to disease, controlling what you can is a great way to give your body the attention it deserves. Add more alkaline foods, and your whole body starts to wake up, repair, fight, and become a power-house of healing and rejuvenating. Lemon is one of the most alkaline foods around!
3. It aids weight loss. Believe it or not, it’s true – if your body is out of balance it is incredibly difficult to lose weight. Having a happy, healthy body and mind is one of the fastest ways to weight loss. A more alkaline diet makes for a happier, healthier person, and according to Eating Well Magazine, people with more alkaline diets tend to lose weight faster. Also, lemons contain pectin fibre, which helps get your body back to normal hunger levels. Lovin’ these lemons!
1. It is antibacterial and antiseptic. All raw honey contains a mild solution of hydrogen peroxide, which is released when it comes into contact with moisture. This is antibacterial and fungicidal. Honey is also hygroscopic, which means that it naturally attracts moisture. Most bacteria breed in moist conditions but honey dries out wounds, preventing wounds becoming infected.
2. It doesn’t give the energy spike that refined sugar does. Honey is low on the glycemic index, it does not cause the blood sugar to shoot up, but allows a much healthier, gradual increase in blood sugar levels.
3. Dark honeys are high antioxidants. Antioxidant compounds can help your cells fight off free radicals, one of the causes of a host of degenerative diseases. Unique to honey is pinocembrin, an antioxidant associated with improved brain functioning.
4. It is said to aid sleeping. Honey before sleep provides the body with enough glucose to ‘feed’ the brain during the night. This prevents or limits the early morning release of cortisol and adrenaline (stress hormones), which disturb sleep. It also contributes to the release of melatonin, the hormone required for recovery and rebuilding of body tissues during rest
Apple Cider Vinegar
1. It cleanses the lymph system. This miracle vinegar helps to break up mucous throughout the body and cleanse the lymph nodes. Believe it or not, research suggests that apple cider vinegar can help with allergies because of its ability to reduce mucous and sinus congestion. When reducing the effects of allergies, it can also help stave off sinus infections and their related symptoms (sore throats and headaches).
2. It can aid in weight loss and detoxification. Data shows some limited, yet significant, weight loss benefits from sustained daily intake of acetic acid (which is a main ingredient in apple cider vinegar). It’s believed that apple cider vinegar assists with detoxification by aiding circulation and boosting the liver’s ability to purge toxins. The acids found in apple cider vinegar are believed to be responsible for the cleansing effects. The acids help to eliminate impurities by binding to free radicals and other toxins stored in the blood, fat cells and organs, and ‘pulling them out’ of the body.
3. It balances your entire inner body system. The body constantly strives to achieve a state of equilibrium. Apple cider vinegar helps the body maintain a healthy alkaline pH level. Research shows that higher acid levels (lower pH level) leads to a lack of energy and higher incidences of infection.
See if you can start incorporating it in your morning routine too! Your body will LOVE you for it!